...serving over 14,000 Ohio teachers since 2000
IEPs, WEPs, & 504s Oh My!
Sonequa Reeves, M.Ed
Knowledge and practical strategies of how to write and implement an IEP (Individual Education
Plan), WEP (Written Education Plan), and 504 Plan (mental or physical disability) in the K-12
environment. Explore the reasons, needs and expectation of needing an IEP, WEP or 504 plan,
who is involved in planning- implementation and how long they last.
● Gain Understanding of IEP: Meet the child’s academic development and functional needs that result from the disability.
● Gain Understanding of WEP: WEP outlines the goals of service for students who are gifted may include both academics and affective goals.
● Gain Understanding of 504 Plan: A plan to ensure that a student who has a disability identified under the law is attending an elementary or secondary educational institution receives accommodations that will ensure their academic success.
Readings, videos, presentations, analysis and evaluations, reflections and journaling
● The IEP from A to Z: How to Create Meaningful & Measurable Goals and Objectives
2nd Edition D.Twachtman-Cullen & J. Twachtman-Bassett
● Learning Outside the Lines (Dec 2018) J. Mooney & D. Cole
● Computer with access to the internet
● Gmail Account required
● Social Emotional Check in (one)
● Introduction to IEPs
● List of tests to write IEPs
● IEP Sample
● Write a pros/cons to an IEP (one page minimum)
● Social Emotional Check In (two)
● Introduction to WEPs
● List of tests to write WEPs
● Sample WEP
● Write a pros/cons to an WEP (one page minimum)
● Social Emotional Check In (three)
● Introduction to 504s
● List of tests/assessment used to write a 504
● Sample 504
● Analyze/critique a 504
● Social Emotional Check In (four)
● Independent Study
○ Same Goal
○ ODE Standards related to:
● Social Emotional Check In (Five)
● Course Evaluation
● 25% Daily Check Ins (Attendance)
● 25% IEPs
● 25% WEPs
● 25% 504
**Syllabus is tentative and subject to change or modification at instructor's discretion.
3482 County Road 10 | Bellefontaine, Ohio 43311 | 216-406-5556
2018 © Instructional Delivery Services