Google Apps & More (2023)
Sonequa Reeves, M.Ed
This course is dedicated to teaching how to apply Google Apps to your teaching IT, or professional situation. Course participants will learn how Google Apps can enhance lessons inside and outside of school and support teachers in collaboration and sharing of resources and ideas. In addition to learning and implementing Google Apps, educators will create motivational and relevant classroom activities, teacher support materials and assessment tools.
This course is applicable for any K-12 teacher, administrator, or anyone looking to increase their technology skills.
1. Understand how Google Apps work and how to use them.
2. Understand how to apply various Google Apps in the classroom and general education environment.
3. Be able to create and share forms, spreadsheets, word documents, presentations, calendars, and emails through Google Apps.
4. Understand how Google Apps will enhance collaboration both inside and outside of the classroom.
5. Understand how Google Apps increases productivity.
Completion of all specified assignments is required for issuance of credit.
● Computer with access to the internet
● Gmail Account required
● Social Emotional Check In (One)
Assignment #1: Introduction:
● Introduce yourself by describing your professional situation
● Reasons for being interested in this course
● What you expect to take away
● Your general level of experience and proficiency with instruction that incorporates some level of technology, including the internet.
Assignment #2: Google Apps Introduction: Watch the Google Apps intro video, concept video, collaboration video, sharing videos, and familiarize yourself with the Google Apps for Education website. Your goal should be to develop a solid working knowledge of the potential of Google Apps. one page minimum summarize :
● What you predict to be the most useful thing about using Google Apps
● What excites you about Google Apps
● What you want to know more about, and how you picture yourself using Google Apps
Assignment #3: Gmail Introduction:
● Gmail Informational (handout)
● Gmail Visuals (visual handout)
● Gmail video intro:
● Gmail Basics Video:
● Gmail Assignment
Assignment #4: Google Drive
● Google Drive Informational (handout)
● Google Drive Visuals (handout)
● Google Drive Video:
● Google Drive Assignment
Assignment #5: Google Docs
● Google Docs Informational (handout)
● Google Docs Visuals (handout)
● Google Docs Assignment
● Social Emotional Check In (Two)
Assignment #6: Google Calendar
● Google Calendar Informational (handout)
● Google Calendar Visuals (handout)
● Google Calendar Assignment
Assignment #7: Google Meet
● Google Meet Basics (handout)
● Google Meet Quiz
● Google Meet Assignment
Assignment #8: Google Slides
● Google Slides Informational (handout)
● Google Slide Challenge
● Social Emotional Check In (Three)
Assignment #9: Google Sheets
● Google Sheets Visuals (handout)
● Google Sheets Assignment
Assignment #10: Google Forms
● Google Forms (handout)
● Google Forms Visuals (handout)
● Google Forms Assignments
● Social Emotional Check In (Four)
Assignment #11: Google Classroom
● Google Classroom Basics (handout)
● Google Classroom Assignment
● Social Emotional Check In (Five)
● Assignment #12: And More!
○ Google Jamboard
○ Google Sites
○ You Tube
● Course Evaluation
● 10% Daily Check Ins ( Attendance)
● 45% App Tasks
● 45% Finished Products