...serving over 14,000 Ohio teachers since 2000
Course Syllabus - Google in the Digital Classroom Part 2 ONLINE
Laura F. Sandy
Students are expected to complete 45 hours of online class time.
Course Description: This is a course designed to continue work done in the first part. It will expose teachers to trending technologies that will support and enhance online classroom instruction. The course will focus on updates to the learning management system of Google Classroom with connected applications and extensions plus a variety of interactive websites and video tools. Through purposefulness planning , teachers can improve online student engagement and success. This course will be delivered ONLINE.
- Examine best practices for using a blended (digital) classroom.
- Update and advance a learning management system.
- Create synchronous and asynchronous instructional activities.
- Manage online students/classes.
- Utilize trending interactive resources.
- Advance professional technological tools.
Learning Experiences: Teacher will present, demonstrate and model the various tools, as well as facilitate guided and experiential practice. Group discussion will also be utilized to analyze the tools. Ultimately, students will produce their own products of each of the types of resources. All of this will be conducted ONLINE via videos, discussion forums and digital assignments.
Attendance Policy: Students are expected to complete all modules ONLINE.
Materials Needed: Students will need a computer and access to the Internet. A GMAIL account is required.
Modu1e 1: Google Classroom - Review & Updates
- Google Classroom Review (Resources: www.classroom.google.com & http://50thingsbook.com/ )
- Google Classroom Updates
- Home Page
Copying a class
Open gradebook directly
- Steam Tab
Google Meet (settings)
- Classwork Tab
Grading using the rubric
Adding “saved” comments to a bank
- People Tab
Viewing all assignments/student
- Grades Tab (settings)
- Integration with school district sites
Module 2: Online Instruction - Managing Synchronous and Asynchronous Learning
- Live instruction
- Google Meet (plus extensions: grid view, nod) vs. Zoom
- Classroom management
- Video recorded lessons
- Screencastify vs. Loom vs Explain Everything
- Connect with Edpuzzle
- Digital white boards: Jamboard/Doceri (ios only)/Explain Everything/whiteboard.io
- Google Sites
Module 3: Interactive Sites, Templates & Concepts
- Trending Interactive websites/concepts
- Gimkit (gaming)
- Classtree (e-consent forms)
- #qrbreakins (digital stations/escape room activities)
- Google Drawings
- Google Slides (Hyperdocs concept)
- Google Maps/Earth Module 4: Teacher Productivity Tools
- Building a professional network to support the blended classroom - Edu in 90 videos/channel
- Google Cast for education - Extensions
- Google Keep (& research papers)
- Kami (.pdf editor)
- Break-up .pdf
- Poll Everywhere
- Remote Slides
- Mercury Reader
1. Advancing your own Google Classroom (20%)
- Students will integrate more advanced features and updates in their own Google Classroom to use with their students incorporating the features listed in the syllabus.
2. Online Instruction Project (40%)
- Students will create two online instructional units.
3. Interactive Project (20%)
- Students will create an interactive assignment to use in their classrooms.
4. Professional Tools (10%)
- Students will research an online productivity tool to enhance their professional technological competencies and share a presentation.
5. Discussion Forums (10%)
- Students will participate in discussion forums as class participation.
3482 County Road 10 | Bellefontaine, Ohio 43311 | 216-406-5556
2018 © Instructional Delivery Services